Home 9 Applicants 9 Registration FAQs

Registration FAQs

Questions about how to become a member

1. How do I apply to the College?

You can apply online through My College Account. Start your application process by creating an account, then log in to start the application. Note that when you’re creating your password, it must be at least seven characters long and include at least one number.

If you’re unable to apply online, contact us. You may also download and print a copy of the General Application Form. If you’re applying using the paper form, be sure to read the Application Guide carefully. All sections of the form must be completed in order for your application to be processed.
You must include your one-time $85 application fee and $160 registration fee. Please make sure to arrange for all supporting documents to be sent to the College. (Note: Completed applications received on or after October 1, 2024 are subject to the new registration fee of $175, in addition to the one-time $85 application fee.)

Incomplete applications cannot be processed and will result in delays.

2. How long does the application process take?
Processing time can vary depending on the complexity of the application. For a fully completed application, processing time is usually between 8-10 weeks. You will be notified by e-mail if there is anything missing from your application package.
3. How much does it cost to register with the College and what are the fees for? How much will it cost to be a member?

A one-time application fee of $85 is required for the processing of your application. This is non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of the application process.

Registration fees must be paid annually to maintain your membership with the College. Effective October 1, 2024, annual registration fees will be adjusted from $160/year to $175/year.

This means that for all completed applications received before October 1, the fee is $160, plus the $85 application fee, totalling $245.

Applicants submitting completed applications on or after October 1 will pay a $175 registration fee, plus the $85 application fee, totalling $260. 

Following your initial registration, ongoing membership with the College will cost $175 annually.

The registration fee of $160 is the fee for membership with the College and must be paid annually. The registration fee and annual membership fee are used to cover the costs required to operate the College. See the list of application and registration fees here.

4. What are the accepted methods of payment?

Your fees can be paid by:

  • Credit card (Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard only);
  • Cheque made out to the College of Early Childhood Educators; or
  • Money order or bank draft in Canadian funds made payable to the College of Early Childhood Educators.

Any cheque that is not honoured is subject to a $35 processing fee.
No postdated cheques or cash will be accepted.

5. Can I drop my application off at your office?

Not at this time; due to COVID-19 we are working remotely. Once the office is open to the public, you can drop your application off at our office during business hours. Please check the College website for the latest information and hours.

6. When will I receive my receipt?

Your receipt will be available online through My College Account within two to three business days after your application is approved.

7. When do I report an address or name change?

You must contact the College when your personal information has changed, within 30-days of the effective date of the change. This will ensure that we have the most up-to-date information on file.

8. How can I change my personal information?

You can update your personal contact information, including your e-mail address, through your My College Account.

Currently your name or your business information cannot be updated through your account. You can provide the new information to the College by downloading and filling out the Change of Information Form and mailing or emailing it to the College.

For a name change you must also submit a copy of one of the following documents as proof of your name change:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Change of name document that legally changed your name
  • Court order that legally changed your name

The document you provide must include your previous name(s) and new name(s). Please include your full name and registration number or application reference number with your new information and e-mail this correspondence to registration@college-ece.ca.

9. I answered "yes" to one of the questions regarding Issues Potentially Affecting Practice. Does this mean I can't be a member of the College?
A “yes” response does not necessarily make you ineligible for registration with the College. You will be asked to provide a detailed explanation in writing. The College reserves the right to decide on an individual basis as to the possible impact of the conduct on the practice of the profession.
10. Should a copy of my transcript be included in my application?

No. Please see Section 7 of our Application Guide about providing supporting documentation.

11. What documentation do I provide if I hold a current licensure or registration in ECE with another province or territory in Canada that is recognized by the College for the purpose of the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (previously CFTA (AIT)) (CFTA (AIT))?
If you hold a licence or certificate granted by a regulatory authority of another Canadian province or territory that is considered a match to the Certificate of Registration issued by the College, you will not be required to complete additional material regarding training, experience, examinations or assessments. All other standard requirements of registration still apply.

The following list sets out the licences or certificates, granted by a regulatory authority of the provinces or territories indicated below, which are considered a match to the Certificate of Registration issued by the College:

  • Alberta: Child Development Supervisor (formerly Level 3 – Advanced Qualification Certificate)
  • British Columbia: Infant Toddler Education or Special Needs Educator
  • Saskatchewan: Early Childhood Educator Level III
  • Manitoba: Early Childhood Educator Level II or III
  • Newfoundland and Labrador: Child Care Services Levels 2, 3, 4
  • Nova Scotia: Level 2 Classification or Level 3 Classification
  • Prince Edward Island: Early Childhood Supervisor
  • Yukon Territory: Child Care Worker Level III
12. How do I withdraw my application to the College?

If you wish to withdraw your application for registration with the College, please complete the Request for Application Withdrawal Form.

You will receive a refund for the registration fee paid.

However, the application fee of $85 is non-refundable. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing your withdrawal request.

13. Can I request access to the documents that the College has in my file?

Yes. Please contact the College by e-mail at registration@college-ece.ca to make a request for access to any information or documents the College has in your application file.

The Registrar may refuse to give an applicant anything that may, in the Registrar’s opinion, jeopardize the safety of any person per the Early Childhood Educators Act 2007, c.7, Sched. 8, s.26 (2).