The CPL program is designed to help RECEs reflect, plan for and document their professional learning in a meaningful way. Any learning that is already taking place can be incorporated into the process.
* Participation in the College’s CPL program is currently voluntary. However, it will become mandatory for registered early childhood educators in September 2016 as prescribed in Ontario Regulation 359/15: Continuous Professional Learning.
1. Complete the Expectations for Practice Module
Complete this module to learn more about your ethical and professional responsibilities as a registered early childhood educator, the legislation that impacts your practice and more.
Click here to start the module.
1. Read the CPL Portfolio Handbook
The College is encouraging members to continue on their professional learning journey by reading the CPL Portfolio Handbook.
The handbook will guide you through the Portfolio Cycle. You will also need the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as a reference throughout the process.
* Please note: the forms below are now available in an electronic format with fields that can be filled out on a computer or tablet and printed for ease and improved readability.
In order to fill out the forms electronically for printing, Adobe Acrobat Reader XI or higher is required. Click here to download the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Fillable Forms Instructions
2. Complete the Self-Assessment Tool
The Self-Assessment Tool is designed to help RECEs identify areas for growth or leadership development in their professional practice.
It also ensures that identified professional learning goals are linked to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
The Record of Professional Learning provides registered early childhood educators with the opportunity to document, describe and reflect upon their participation in structured and informal learning activities related to their Professional Learning Plan.
Using this tool, participants can describe and attach evidence of participation in their learning activities, list the dates of completion of those activities, illustrate how the learning was applied in their practice settings and record additional comments.
Completing my Record of Professional Learning.
Record of Professional Learning.
Leadership Pilot Project
Symposium on Leadership
* The College of Early Childhood Educators provides information and communication in an accessible manner when requested. If you require an accessible format and/or communication support, please contact a College staff member or the College at firstname.lastname@example.org.