What Happens After You Submit Your Renewal Package
When the College receives your Membership Renewal Form, supporting documents (if applicable), and payment, the College will:
1. Review your Membership Renewal Form to verify that it is complete
- If any one or more parts of the form are not completed in full, the College will follow-up with you with the expectation that you to provide the missing information. The College will not continue with processing your renewal until the Membership Renewal Form is complete.
2. Determine if supporting documents are required from you and verify that they have also been submitted
- If supporting documents are required in your circumstances, and you do not submit them, or you submit them but they are missing information, the College will follow-up with you to request that the supporting documents be provided. The College will not continue with processing your renewal until it receives all of the necessary supporting documents.
3. Review the information provided in your Membership Renewal Form (and supporting documents if applicable) and update your file at the College as needed
- The College will also follow-up with you, if and as needed, regarding the information you provide in the form and/or in supporting documents.
4. Verify payment of the annual membership fee
- If you are paying by cheque, money order, or bank draft, or through your financial institution (whether online or in-person), the College will check to see if the payment has been received.
- If you are paying by Visa or MasterCard credit card or Visa Debit card, the College will process the payment according to the information you provide on the Membership Renewal Form.
- If the College does not have your payment in full, or cannot process the payment, your renewal will not be processed until payment is received and processed.
Once all of the above steps are complete, the College will complete the process of renewal and prepare a membership receipt. The College will e-mail your membership receipt to your e-mail address. (If you do not have an e-mail address, your membership receipt will be mailed to you at your preferred mailing address). A package containing important resources will also be mailed to your preferred mailing address.
How long is the processing time for renewal?
- Processing takes approximately three to six weeks from the time the College receives your renewal package. The timeframe may be longer at certain periods of the year when the College has high volumes of new applications and renewals to process.
- If you pay your annual membership fee by cheque, fees are subject to a two-week hold.