Section 9: Acknowledgement
The purpose of Section 9 of the General Application Form is to confirm that you understand certain obligations you have to the College.
- Holding a Certificate of Registration – Only members of the College who hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing can practise the profession in Ontario. It is against the law for any person to practise, or to hold themselves out, as an ECE in Ontario without holding a Certificate of Registration in good standing with the College. Individuals who are convicted of this offence can face significant fines and court orders.
- Using protected titles – Only members of the College who hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing can use the protected titles and designations “early childhood educator” (ECE) or “registered early childhood educator” (RECE), or their French equivalents. It is against the law for any person to use any of these protected titles and designations, without holding a Certificate of Registration in good standing with the College. For more information on this topic, see the College’s Professional Advisory on the Use of Titles 2012.
- Providing additional information – When the College reviews your General Application Form and the supporting documents that you submit with the form, the College will determine whether additional information is needed. If additional information is needed, the College will contact you by e-mail or letter (depending on the nature of the circumstances) with a request for that additional information and supporting documents.
- Providing updates to the College when there is a change in information – Your circumstances may change at any time, which may result in a change to the information you provide to the College. If any changes arise to the information you provide on your General Application Form (such as changes to your name or contact information), you are required to notify the College within 30 days of that change of information. To notify the College of any changes to your information, complete and submit the Change of Information Form.*
* Important: If any of the following incidents occur, at any time between the date you submit your form to the College and the date on which a final decision is made about your application, you must immediately inform the College of the incident(s).
- You are found guilty of professional misconduct, incompetence, or incapacity in the practice of early childhood education, or any other profession, in any jurisdiction, or
- You are investigated for professional misconduct, incompetence, or incapacity in the practice of early childhood education, or any other profession, in any jurisdiction, or
- You are found guilty of an offence under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Canada), or the Food and Drugs Act (Canada), or
- You are found guilty of a criminal offence in Canada or in any other jurisdiction outside of Canada.
This section also asks you to confirm that you:
- Have read and agreed with all of the above conditions, and
- Verify that all information in your General Application Form is authentic and true.