Observers at Council Meetings
Council meetings of the College of Early Childhood Educators (the “College”) are generally open to the public. Those wishing to attend a Council meeting as an observer are asked to review the guidelines below.
Registering and Accessing the Agenda
- Council meeting dates are posted on the College’s website.
- Council agendas will be posted one week in advance of the meeting.
- Observers are requested to register in advance of the Council meeting by emailing Carmen Petitclerc, Executive Assistant to Council, email@example.com
- The College will endeavour to accommodate all persons wishing to attend a Council meeting; however, priority is given to individuals registered prior to the meeting.
- The College of Early Childhood Educators is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance of the meeting.
Attending the Meeting
- Upon arrival at the College, observers are required to register at the reception desk.
- Observers may be required to wear a visitor’s tag.
- Seating is provided for observers at the rear of the Council Chamber or, at the discretion of the College, another location where the proceedings can be observed.
Conduct during the Meeting
- Observers are asked to enter and leave the Council Chamber during a break in proceedings so as not to disrupt the meeting.
- Observers may not participate in Council discussion or deliberations.
- Observers are not permitted to photograph or record the meeting.
- Observers are asked not to communicate with Council members while the meeting is in session.
- Cell phones and other devices should be turned off, or placed on silent.
- Observers are asked to respect the decorum of the meeting by not talking or whispering during the meeting. Observers engaging in disruptive behavior may be asked to leave.
- A one hour break is provided to allow observers time to have lunch outside the College.
- The Council kitchen and cloakroom area is private and observers are not allowed.
Requests for Additional Information
- Following the meeting, requests for additional information may be sent to Carmen Petitclerc, Executive Assistant to Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members of the media are asked to contact the College’s Manager of Communications and Stakeholder Relations.
In accordance with the Early Childhood Educators Act, 2007 the public may be excluded from all or part of a meeting if:
- Financial or personal matters may be disclosed.
- A person involved in a legal proceeding may be prejudiced.
- The safety of a person may be jeopardized.
- Personnel matters or property transactions will be discussed.
- Litigation or legal issues affecting the College will be discussed.
During closed sessions, observers will be required to leave the Council meeting.