At the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario (the "College"), we are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
1. What is Personal Information?
"Personal Information" is information about an identifiable individual but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an individual.
2. How do we collect your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information from you directly and/or from third parties, where we (and/or those third parties) have obtained your consent, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
3. Where do we store your Personal Information?
The College ensures that personal information is stored in electronic and physical files that are secure. These measures include restricting access to personal information to authorized personnel and ensuring that physical files are under lock and key.
4. How do we use and disclose your Personal Information?
The College collects, uses and discloses personal information for the purpose of the proper administration and enforcement of the ECE Act and for other related regulatory purposes.
5. How do we ensure the privacy of your Personal Information when dealing with third parties?
6. How long will we use, disclose or retain your Personal Information?
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
7. What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
8. How can you access your Personal Information that we have collected, used or disclosed?
Where the College holds personal information about an individual, upon written request, the College may allow access to the information to that individual, unless providing access could reasonably be expected to interfere with the administration or enforcement of the Early Childhood Educators Act or it is impracticable or impossible for the College to retrieve the information.
9 How do you know that the Personal Information we have on you is accurate?
We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as reasonably possible. Members are required to provide the College with accurate information and to advise the College of changes in a timely manner.
10. How will inaccuracies be corrected?
If you believe that the personal information collected by us is inaccurate or incomplete, you may ask for it to be corrected. If you successfully demonstrate that your personal information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make the correction and, in appropriate circumstances, notify anyone to whom we disclosed this personal information.
11. How do you contact us regarding access to your Personal Information or our privacy practices?