How to Apply
We welcome your application to become a Registered Early Childhood Educator. Visit Who is Required to Join? to learn why you need to register with the College.
The following will take you through the process of applying. Please click on the category that applies to you.
- I have an early childhood education diploma from an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology (OCAAT) or a degree from a program on the Approved Post Secondary Programs List in Ontario (not an OCAAT).
- I am a student in the last semester of an early childhood education diploma program from an OCAAT or an approved post secondary program (not an OCAAT).
- I have a Canadian certificate or licence from outside Ontario that matches the College’s Certificate of Registration.
- I am a graduate of a program in Canada (outside of Ontario) on the Approved Post Secondary Programs List.
- I have a Recognition/Letter of Equivalency Certificate issued prior to February 23, 2014. *As of January 1, 2023, the College will no longer accept Letters of Equivalency from the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario (AECEO) or Association francophone à l’éducation des services à l’enfance de l’Ontario (L’AFESEO) as proof of meeting the education requirement for registration.
- I have a diploma or degree from a Canadian institution not on the Approved Postsecondary Programs List.
More Application Information
Find out which programs are approved by the College.
Find out which Canadian certificates or licences are considered to be a match to the Certificate of Registration issued by the College.
If you have questions about registration, check out these common questions.
Information about Individual Assessment can be found here.
Find out more about request for review by the Registration Appeals Committee.
For more information about applying to the College, visit the Applicant section.