Change of Information Guide
RECEs have a professional responsibility to contact and inform the College whenever any of their information on file has changed.
Changes must be reported to the College within 30 days of the effective date of change. If a member does not report changes to information within this time period, the College may initiate a process to suspend the member’s Certificate of Registration for failure to provide information.
Why is it important to notify the College about changes to information?
There are several reasons why it is important to notify the College about changes to information.
- Some of the information, such as your name, is on the public register. It is important that the public, employers, and other stakeholders are able to find you when searching the public register, and that when they do search the public register they see current and accurate information about you.
- Other information relates to communications from the College. Providing the College with up-to-date contact information will ensure that you continue to receive communications from the College in a timely manner.
- Some of the information relates to requirements for maintaining your Certificate of Registration with the College. In particular, it is a requirement for all members to be eligible to work in Canada. If there are any changes to your eligibility to work in Canada, you must notify the College of this fact; otherwise you may lose your Certificate of Registration and be prevented from practising the profession in Ontario.
What are the requirements for notifying the College about changes to information?
There are two requirements for notifying the College about changes to information:
1. Complete and submit the Change of Information Form
a. Sections 1 and 6 must be completed in all circumstances
b. Complete sections 2, 3, 4, and/or 5 as applicable for your circumstances
2. Submit supporting documentation as applicable
Change of Information Guide
This guide is organized into the following sections. You are encouraged to read the entire guide in order. However, you may also click on any one of the links below to go to a specific section. At the bottom of each page, there are ‘Next’ and ‘Back’ buttons to help you navigate through the guide in order; there is also a button to return to this main page at any time.
- Requirement 1: Completing the Change of Information Form
- Requirement 2: Providing Supporting Documents
- Submitting the Change of Information Package
- What Happens After You Submit Your Change of Information Package
- What To Do If You Have More Questions
This Change of Information Guide is for the 2019 Change of Information Form. (Check the bottom of your Change of Information Form for the validity date). This guide does not align with any other version of the Change of Information Form.